Wednesday 28 September 2016

Post-production: Editing

After the filming had finished, I began to edit the video and add sound effects. This was done on the online software WeVideo. There are two different modes to WeVideo - storyboard and timeline. I started off using the storyboard mode because the clips can be seen easily below the screen. I placed all of my clips in order and then shortened them so they fit well into each other. What I found out about this was that the clips had to be clipped very precisely so that it links on to the next. This made the phone call scene very difficult because the ringtone had to lead on from the one before.
Once I was pleased with the order of the the clips, I switched to timeline mode because I can see each of the movements. This made sure the transition from each clip was smooth and seamless. I could also add some animation to the video so that the clip would fade in from black and out to black. The animation was useful because I used it for the lights scene when the lights cut out. It made it seem as if the lights went out instead of cutting out so abruptly.
I could also see the volume levels so I evened it out because I did not want any drastic volume differences between the clips. I wanted to add non-digetic sound effects so I downloaded copyright free sounds and imported it into my video. The volumes on WeVideo could be adjusted so that the sound fade in and out. I used this to make the sound get gradually louder or quieter to build up tension.


No comments:

Post a Comment