Monday 5 December 2016

Post-production: Adding in the Credits


As the font we wanted wasn't available in Wevideo, we had to save each title as an image and used Photoshop to crop out the background. To do this, I used the magic wand tool. After the background was removed, I imported it into Wevideo and  placed it on top of the clips to where I wanted it to be.


Another problem that I found was that that Wevideo, was that the title could not be titled. For this, I had to print screen the scene that I wanted the credits to fit into and place it in Microsoft Word. I inserted the already Photoshopped title into Word as well and titled it so it fitted the scene. Afterwards, I drew a black box behind the text and grouped it as one picture. I then saved that image and used Photoshop again to cut out the background. The title was now titled and I positioned it in Wevideo to how I wanted it to be.



We planned to spend at least 3 days to do the credits. The time took to actually do the credits spread out across two days, each in two hour sessions. This is because we planned each step carefully and split the role role between us to save time. Therefore, we finished quicker than expected, leaving us more time to edit other parts of the main brief. I felt that we have managed our time well for doing all the credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment